Re: optimizer questions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jens-Wolfhard Schicke
Subject Re: optimizer questions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
--On Dienstag, Februar 14, 2006 10:35:12 -0600 hector Corrada Bravo
<hcorrada@gmail.com> wrote:

> Before I start trying this (creating aggregate paths seems the
> reasonable thing to do) I would like your counsel.
>
> 1) Regardless of the optimization problem, is the executor able to
> execute aggregate nodes within join trees (that is, not as the result
> of subqueries)?
>
> 2) Has anyone tried something like this before?
I did and failed because I did not quite understand how the Postgres
internal variables should be initialized.

My approach was to supply other join pathes if one of the two tables was an
aggregate.

Mit freundlichem Gruß
Jens Schicke
--